Monday, March 7, 2011

The Home Buyer Who Will Never Buy


Q: How many home buyers seem to change the bulb

?

: 2 ... one can find fifty million reasons not to change the bulb, while others to throw their hands and walk out

.

Sounds like a typical scenario between two members of a couple with opposing ideas of what they want in a home? Maybe yes, maybe no, but I can tell you, as a real estate professional for more than 20 years, I have witnessed this scenario too many times to mention. relationship usually starts with my be contacted via e-mail. I asked about their prospects desired property. I found 4 or 5 of them that seem to fit the bill, and we go out shopping. house can meet each criterion this couple asked me to, but for some reason, they do not bite. Little things are wrong with the house, most of which can be exchanged for a small amount of money. For example, paint kitchen counter tops, bathroom is one of the "from". Maybe they like the house, but the master bedroom will fit their favorite dresser (yes, they can get new furniture). One member of the couple loved the house and the other is not "crazy" about it. This scenario goes on for several weeks and sometimes months. weeks go buy, and many houses were seen, but everyone has something wrong with him. A couple starts getting annoyed with each other. the process becomes tedious after a while, all the houses are starting to look the same and become a blur to both agents and home buyers.

Do you people really want to buy a home or are they just going through a psychological process that is actually a fear of commitment? I often ask this question. Many times, customers simply stop looking, and a year later I find out that they end up moving from the state. Home Buying process they went through with me serving as a "soul search" process, discovering that they really do not want to live in my area anyway and that they were tired of cold weather. On another occasion, I discovered that the couple actually gotten divorced. They could not get myself to commit to buying a house because they did not really see more of their lives together.

Buying a home is not about finding "the perfect dream home. " I firmly believe that the "perfect" house there, just like the perfect marriage does not exist. It's about the bigger picture in life. When buying a home, we must ask, if this move will lead us into the next phase of our life, a better place and happier families. As they say ... "do not sweat the small stuff", if the great things seem to make sense.

I welcome your comments and input on this article.

Copyright 2008 Sharon Klein

0 comments:

Post a Comment